I am very appreciative that Mike from Mikes Film Talk has given me the Dragon’s Loyalty Award. The award is a combination of the Versatile Blogger Award and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, and is extra special to me because it is the first such award I have been given since I began blogging back in June of 2010. For those of you who love film as much as I do, make sure to check out Mike’s blog and become a follower of his postings. He offers his readers reviews that are filled with an obvious love of cinema and keen observations.
The following are the rules associated with receiving the award:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website.
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award.
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
The 15 deserving bloggers listed below are all written by people whose blog I follow and enjoy reading for a variety of reasons:
Choosing worthy blogs to list was the easy part, and had I been able to choose more, I could have easily done so, but now for the hard part, listing 7 interesting things about myself without sounding foolish or self-important. I don’t know if anyone else will find the following interesting, but here is my list:
- I won the “Daughters of the American Revolution,” writing contest when I was in seventh grade.
- I met major league baseball hall of fame catcher Gary Carter on the day he got his World Series ring as a member of the New York Mets.
- I have voted in every state and federal election since I turned eighteen and have been eligible to do so.
- Thanks to the generosity of my father, may he rest in peace; I got to attend the very first Wrestlemania on March 31, 1985 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
- My favorite food is Italian.
- I am currently working on my first novel.
- Although I have traveled extensively in the United States as well as to Australia, to Mexico, to Canada and to Europe, I lived in New York for over thirty years and somehow never made it to the top of the EmpireState building.
Thanks again Mike for the award!