I would like to sincerely thank Lauren from http://mykindofmovie.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Liebster Award; I greatly appreciate it. If you are unfamiliar with her blog, check out her site, and hit the ‘follow’ button, you will not be disappointed. I enjoy reading her insightful and honest critiques of the movies she reviews every time I receive a new post from her in my e-mail.
As with all blog awards there is an explanation to be given behind its formation, as well as certain rules that the recipient is governed by.
The Liebster Award is given to a blogger who has less than two hundred followers, and is an excellent way to spread the word regarding other blogs that the giver of the award feels people should take notice of.
The receivers of the Liebster Award must abide by the following rules:
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were asked of you (by the blogger that nominated you).
- Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and include a link to their blog.
- Notify the bloggers of their award.
- Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award.
11 random facts about myself:
1. I am desperately trying to finish my first novel, and have ideas for two more after its completion.
2. The first two cars I ever owned were the color red.
3. Although I have only officially lived in two states, New York and Florida, my accumulated time over the years attending summer camps in Pennsylvania probably adds up to a year’s worth of time living in that state.
4. The first movie I ever remember seeing as a child was Bambi.
5. I love to read.
6. Dexter is one of my all time favorite television shows, and I am sorry that this will be its last season.
7. My favorite food is Italian.
8. A few of my favorite film directors are Alfred Hitchcock, Quentin Tarantino, Martin Scorsese, Ken Russell, and Steven Spielberg.
9. The best concert I ever went to was when I saw legendary Led Zeppelin guitarist, Jimmy Page, play with the Black Crowes.
10. I named my blog Robbins Realm because I didn’t want to feel tied down to only having to write about one topic.
11. First and foremost, I need coffee in the morning; if I don’t have at least
two cups, I can only be expected to function at a 50% level.
The following are the questions Lauren wanted me to answer:
1) What book would you recommend for me to read and why?
Since you are a big Stephen King fan, I would recommend that you read “11/22/63” if you haven’t already done so. I found the novel, even at over eight hundred pages in length, to be a brisk page turner. I couldn’t wait to find out what happened next, as the main protagonist of the book, Jake Epping, traveled back in time to determine if there was a conspiracy regarding the assassination of America’s 35th President, John F. Kennedy.
2) What is your favorite post you’ve written on your blog and why?
Of the blogs I have written and posted, my favorite one so far, was published on June 14, 2012 and was called “Don Coscarelli’s Phantasm – Thought Provoking Horror.”
The reason I consider it my favorite, was not only because I hopefully introduced some new horror fans to one of the best films, in my opinion, the genre has to offer, but also because I mixed in creative writing by speculating about what I felt might have been the thoughts and feelings of a young Don Coscarelli as he wrote the script for the movie.
3) Star Wars vs. Star Trek-which is best?
This question is like asking me: if I had two children, which one I love more. As I wrote in my recent post about DeForest Kelley, some of my earliest childhood memories were of watching “Star Trek” with my grandparents; it was one of the first television shows that I actually knowingly wanted to watch. The original “Star Wars” movies were amongst the first batch of films I ever saw in the theater, and I remember at the time being blown away by them − especially the light saber battle between Luke and Vader in “The Empire Strikes Back,” so it is impossible for me to properly answer this question.
4) Who would play you in the film version of your life?
I can’t think of anyone.
5) What TV show/film do you watch when you’re feeling down?
“Are You Being Served,” which is a British comedy whose cast of colorful characters at the fictional Grace Brothers Department Store never fails to make me laugh out loud.
6) Who is your favorite character from Harry Potter?
7) What song sums up the day you’ve had today?
I can’t think of a particular song at this moment in time that would encapsulate my day.
8) Do you believe in fate or free will?
I believe in free will.
9) Are you a cynic, optimistic or realist when it comes to life?
I would say I am a mixture of all three. While I attempt to be realistic about the way things are, I try to remain optimistic most of the time, but as I am sure anyone who is reading this knows, it can be a hard thing to do at times.
10) Do you believe in ghosts?
I like to think that they exist.
11) What film are you looking forward to seeing next?
“The Wolf of Wall Street.”
The most difficult part of accepting any award is choosing fellow bloggers to pass the same award onto. I read and enjoy a great many talented individuals on wordpress.com that write about an array of diverse topics, and bring their own unique perspectives and interesting opinions to their given blogs, so that picking eleven was not an easy task. The following are the bloggers I am nominating for the Liebster Blog Award.
If you chose to accept the award please answer the following questions:
1. Who are a few of your favorite directors?
2. Do you collect anything?
3. Who are some of your favorite actors?
4. Who are some of your favorite actresses?
5. Do you have any siblings?
6. Where is one place in the world you would like to travel to that you have never been?
7. What is the last book you read and loved?
8. What are a few of your favorite television shows?
9. Do you play sports?
10. If you could meet any person from history, who would it be and why?
11. What is your favorite food?
Lauren, thank you again, so very much for the nomination. I look forward to reading your future posts.