Shortly before last year ended, I was nominated by Lauren at
http://mykindofmovie.wordpress.com for the Sunshine Blog Award. I would like to sincerely thank Lauren for thinking of me. I greatly appreciated her nominating me for the award. For those of you who are reading this and are not followers of Lauren’s blog, check out her site and become a follower today. Lauren is a talented blogger who writes reviews that clearly represents her love of a diverse array of film genres. In addition, she is also someone who is very active in the blogging community, and always there to show support to her fellow bloggers. As with all of these awards certain rules are in place, starting with the listing of the rules for the particular award.
Rules for the Sunshine Blog Award:
- Post a picture of the Sunshine Award in your blog post.
- Post eleven random facts about yourself.
- Answer eleven questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven bloggers.
- Write eleven questions for them to answer.
- Let those bloggers who you have nominated know that you have nominated them for the Sunshine Blog Award.
Eleven random facts about myself:
- I collect DVD’s.
- I love dogs.
- My favorite food is Italian.
- My middle name is Lewis.
- I love to read.
- NERD ALERT: The first thing I ever wanted to be when I grew up was a paleontologist, because I was so into Dinosaurs when I was a little kid.
- I keep all my tickets stubs from the things I go to, such as concerts and sporting events, amongst others.
- I still have my VCR because there are certain things I recorded off of television years ago that I am not sure will ever be released on DVD, for example sports specials of my favorite teams.
- I have never once been surfboarding.
- Even though they are loaded with salt, I love McDonald’s fries.
- My favorite football team is the New York Jets; I hope so very much that one day I will get to see them win the Super Bowl.
The eleven questions Lauren asked:
- What are your favorite current television shows?
“Sherlock,” “Orphan Black,” “Homeland,” “Game of Thrones,” and “The Mentalist.” If “Dexter” were coming back for another season, it would definitely be on the top of the list.
2. Do you have any bad habits?
I bite my nails.
3. Marvel or DC?
4. What film are you most looking forward to in 2014?
“X-Men: Days of Future Past.”
5. What was the worst film you watched in 2013?
Although I think Toby Jones is a fine actor, I really didn’t like “Berberian Sound Studio.” The film just didn’t do it for me.
6. Is there life in space or are we alone in the universe?
I feel that not only are we not alone in the universe, but that intelligent life exists in other parts of the universe.
7. Twilight or True Blood?
Beyond any shadow of a doubt, True Blood.
8. Favorite song?
I sat here and thought about the question for a few minutes, and just as if I were asked what my one all time favorite movie is, it is just too hard a question for me to come up with one answer. I am sorry.
9. What do you normally eat for breakfast?
That depends. If I am at home, I will definitely have two cups of coffee. I will also sometimes have cereal or a bagel. If I am out at a diner, I’ll usually order an omelet.
10. What is the last book you read?
I received “Dr. Sleep” as a birthday present from my mother, so before I read that, I am currently reading “The Shining.” I am a little more than half way through.
11. What award category would you add to the Oscars?
Most promising new comer.
This next part is always the most difficult for me, when I receive one of these awards and am asked to nominate a set number of bloggers. I read so many talented writers on wordpress.com that choosing just a handful inevitably excludes a number of other great blogs. The eleven bloggers I am nominating can all be reached by clicking on their link. If you are not already a subscriber to their blog they are all definitely worth following.
The eleven questions I have for those of you who I have nominated:
- Do you collect anything?
- Favorite film genre or genres?
- What celebrity would you most like to meet?
- Favorite actor or actors?
- Favorite actress or actresses?
- Favorite director or directors?
- Last book you read and loved?
- Last film you saw and loved?
- Favorite food?
- What is your dream job?
- Do you have any siblings?
Thank you once again Lauren for nominating me; it is very much appreciated.