I would like to sincerely thank http://returntothe80s.wordpress.com and
http://precinct1313.wordpress.com for honoring me with my third and fourth Liebster Awards. If you’re someone who is nostalgic for the 1980s, or has just come to love the music, movies, and television shows from that decade, returntothe80s.wordpress.com is the site for you. A song of the day challenge, quotes from various films and television shows, as well as movie reviews, are just some of the wonderful materials posted on the blog. If comic books are your thing, then the incomparable love that precinct1313.wordpress.com puts into his site makes it the right blog for you. Detailed reviews of a diverse array of both classic and current comic books, posts that pertain to comic books in film, posts on comic related toys, are just some of the excellent materials available to followers of the blog. This is the first of several posts that I will be putting up on robbinsrealm in the upcoming weeks, where I will be accepting awards from fellow bloggers who were kind enough to deem me worthy of receiving them.
The rules for accepting this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers for the award.
4. Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
5. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
The following are my answers to the eleven questions asked by returntothe80s.wordpress.com:
1. Who is your favorite MTV VJ?
I can’t think of a specific person off hand, but the show I liked the most that was aired on MTV was “Headbanger’s Ball.”
2. Which do you like more “Star Trek” or “Battlestar Galactica?”
3. Which celebrity did you have a crush on in your childhood or teen years?
Eliza Dushku from “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.”
4. What blog posts of yours are your personal favorites?
My personal favorite blog that I have written is from June 14, 2012 and is called “Don Coscarelli’s Phantasm – Thought Provoking Horror.” I especially liked it because it was the only time I incorporated creative writing into a film review. Instead of just taking a straight forward approach to the post, I tried to imagine what a young, Don Coscarelli was thinking and feeling during that period of his life. When I first joined Twitter, I tweeted the blog on my account, and someone forwarded it to Coscarelli. He actually tweeted it out on his own account, and I thought that was really cool of him to do.
5. What is your favorite television show?
That is a loaded question. Some of my favorite shows, that are no longer on, were: “Dexter,” “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “Breaking Bad,” “The Twilight Zone,” (Original) “Star Trek,” and “True Blood.” Several of my current favorite shows are: “Game of Thrones,” “House of Cards,” “Homeland,” “Orphan Black,” and “Sherlock.”
6. If you were in “The Breakfast Club,” which character would you be?
Based on the choices, none of them.
7. What is your favorite genre of music?
I have eclectic tastes when it comes to music, but my favorites are classic rock, hard rock and heavy metal.
8. Have you ever met anyone famous?
Yes, I have attended a number of fan conventions. Most of them were horror fan conventions, where I met numerous actors and actresses from the genre. The most famous person I met at one of the conventions was Robert Englund. I also met former New York Mets catcher and Hall of Famer, Gary Carter, at a Chinese restaurant on Long Island when I was a kid.
9. What is your favorite vacation destination?
There are still so many places I would like to go, that I don’t know if I can pick a favorite just yet. In the United States, I love San Diego.
10. What is your favorite ’80s movie?
I could be all nerdy about this and break it down by genre, but I’ll spare the readers of this post, and go with “Raiders of the Lost Ark.”
11. Which awards show is your favorite?
Now it is time for me to choose eleven bloggers to give the award to. This part is always the hardest for me, because I read so many excellent and diverse blogs on wordpress.com. I am glad, however, that I will get to nominate an additional eleven bloggers, after I finish answering the questions posed to me by precinct1313.wordpress.com.
The following are the questions asked of me by preceinct1313.wordpress.com.
1. If you could live anywhere where would it be?
I am content to live where I do, in sunny Florida. I used to live on Long Island. I will always have a very special place in my heart for New York, and Long Island where I was born and raised, but I don’t want to deal with shoveling snow or driving on icy roads anymore, as well as waking up in the morning for several months of the year, to go to work, with freezing temperatures outside.
2. What super power would you choose if given the opportunity?
The power to render myself invisible.
3. Do you like ice cream?
4. Who is your favorite Superhero?
Hmmm….I can’t single out just one superhero, so my answer is the combined forces of the X-Men.
5. Favorite quote from comic, novel or movie?
In the movie “The Natural” when Roy Hobb’s father is talking to him as a teenager:
“You’ve got a gift Roy… but it’s not enough – you’ve got to develop yourself. If you rely too much on your own gift… then… you’ll fail.”
6. Keaton, West or Bale: who is your favorite Caped Crusader?
I like all three, but I would choose Keaton as my favorite.
7. Are you a Cat or Dog person?
Definitely a dog person.
8. If you could grant one wish to the world, what would that be?
Health. No matter what ailment someone had, they would be able to take a pill and get rid of it. No matter what horrific accident someone was in, they would be able to have a medical procedure done and become whole again. Let people eventually pass away from old age, not from some cancer or the long term damaging effects of a disability.
9. What in your opinion is the greatest TV series of all time?
I have too many television shows that I love and hold in high regard, so I can’t answer that question.
10. How many fingers am I holding up right now? (nothing rude, I promise)
My guess would be six.
11. Wonder Woman or Power Girl, who would triumph in a battle royale?
I am going to choose Wonder Woman as my champion.
The eleven bloggers I nominate for this award are as follows:
The following are my eleven questions for all of the bloggers who I nominated.
1. Do you watch “Game of Thrones?” If so, who is your favorite character?
2. List three of your favorite authors?
3. What is the best place you have ever been to on vacation?
4. What is something that you are passionate about?
5. What is your favorite kind of food?
6. What was the last film you saw and loved?
7. What was the last film you saw and disliked?
8. Are you a coffee drinker, a tea drinker, both, neither?
9. What is a television show that is no longer on that you would like to see get a reboot?
10. What is your favorite color?
11. If you could switch places with someone for one day, who would it be?