I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to TheMarckoguy for nominating me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. If you are not already following his blog, I suggest when you have finished reading this post, that you click the link to his site and become a follower. In addition to reviewing films, both new and old, he posts movie trailers, song clips, and delves into other topics related to entertainment. In my opinion, everyone who loves the aforementioned can find something on his site that they will like. As with all of the blogging awards there are certain rules that govern them, and in this instance the first thing I need to do, is post the rules.
- Post the award nomination on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions assigned to you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award.
- Ask 11 questions to your nominees.
The following are the 11 questions asked of me by the TheMarckoguy:
- Is there a movie that you like, but most other people dislike? If so, which movie is it?
The film that comes to mind is “The Company of Wolves.” I’ve always really enjoyed watching it, have seen it a number of times, and it is part of my DVD collection, but many people whom I’ve spoken to about the film, don’t particularly care for it.
- What was your favorite movie from the year 1997?
“The Devil’s Advocate.”
- What’s the best holiday present you have ever received?
The best present I ever received happened when I was a young child. I don’t believe I was more than seven or eight years old at the time. A few months prior to the start of the holiday season, June to be exact, my grandparents, were moving from New York to their new home in Florida. I was used to seeing them on a weekly basis, and when they were in the process of moving, my father told me, that I would only get to see them, from there on out, a few times a year. He took it a step further, letting me know that I probably wouldn’t see them again, until the following year’s summer vacation from school. I remember it was Christmas day, my parents had invited friends and family over, and my father suddenly got up to leave. I asked him where he was going, and he said he had to pick someone up at the airport. He left, and I went back to playing with my cousins. A few hours later, the doorbell rang, and my mother asked me to get the door, when I opened it, there stood my grandparents. I was ecstatic.
- Which do you prefer drinking coffee or tea?
While I have nothing against tea, and usually drink it at night, I can’t function without coffee, especially in the morning. I need at least two cups to get moving.
- Is there a song that always gets you emotional?
None that specifically comes to mind.
- What is your favorite color?
- Favorite space movie that is not in any way part of the “Star Wars” mythos?
“Planet of the Apes” (1968)
- If you could bring back any dead celebrity for a chat (or something), who would it be?
There are a number of people, who have sadly passed away, that I would be interested in talking with. One celebrity that comes to mind is Leonard Nimoy. I thought of him for several reasons: Firstly, Spock has always been my favorite character from “Star Trek.” Secondly, I really like watching “In Search Of,” which Nimoy hosted. In general, he had many talents, and interests, that he delved into during the course of his life, and I would have very much welcomed the opportunity to meet and converse with him while he was alive, but unfortunately that meeting never took place.
- What do you do to relax?
Watch movies and sports, read, binge watch whatever particular show I am into on Netflix, socialize with my friends.
- You’re stuck on a deserted island, what four movies have your brought with you to bide your time?
I am sorry, but I love so many movies, from various genres, that I can’t begin to answer that question.
- What canceled show would you want to see brought back from the dead?
Dexter: I would like to know what happened to him after he left Florida. How did he set up his new life? Does he still give in to his urges and take care of other killers? Did he ever reunite with Hannah and his son?
The following is always the hardest part for me, whenever I accept one of these awards. I read so many talented bloggers on wordpress.com, that the limited number I am allowed, always provides a challenge for me. I find it really difficult to come up with just the set number that the rules of the award dictate. If you’re among the bloggers who I’ve nominated, and don’t have the time to accept the award, I completely understand, and will not take any offense whatsoever. If you would like to accept, I of course would be very interested in reading your responses to the questions I’ve asked.
- By Hook Or By Book
- Sherlockian’s Blog
- The Sporadic Chronicles of a Beginner Blogger
- Books, Books and More Books!
- ASSHOLES WATCHING MOVIES
The following are my 11 questions for those of you who I have nominated:
- Who are a few of your favorite authors?
- What if any shows are you currently binge watching?
- What film do you hope that Hollywood will never produce a re-make of?
- What film would you like to see be re-made?
- Are you a superstitious person?
- What is the best book you have recently read?
- If you could be a witness to any moment in history, what would it be and why?
- Who are a few of your favorite actors?
- Who are a few of your favorite actresses?
- What is your favorite kind of food?
- Do you collect anything?